Article Image
News Link • Natural Disasters

Health advisory: Officials confirm algae in Willamette River is toxic

• http://therawfeedlive.com

That health advisory for the river now extends from Ross Island to Sauvie Island, flowing through the heart of downtown Portland. "Accidental swallowing of water containing these toxins may produce such symptoms as numbness, tingling, dizziness, weakness, diarrhea, nausea, cramps and fainting," health officials said. "Inhalation of water droplets can lead to breathing problems, sneezing, coughing or runny nose. Skin contact can cause skin irritation, including a rash. Symptoms usually occur in less than 24 hours." Children and pets are especially at risk. Dogs could die within an hour, officials said. more at url

Join us on our Social Networks:

 

Share this page with your friends on your favorite social network:


GoldMoney