Lawmakers worked overnight to pass the increase to raise the personal income tax rate from 3 percent to 5 percent for four years - a 66 percent increase. Corporate income taxes also will rise, but Quinn rejected the notion that it would decimate businesses.
- Vaccine Education Summit
- Bitcoin Summit
- Ernie's Favorites
- THE R3VOLUTION CONTINUES
- "It's Not My Debt"
- Fascist Nation's Favorites
- Surviving the Greatest Depression
- The Only Solution - Direct Action Revolution
- Western Libertarian
- S.A.F.E. - Second Amendment is For Everyone
- Freedom Summit
- Declare Your Independence
- FreedomsPhoenix Speakers Bureau
- Wallet Voting
- Harhea Phoenix
- Black Market Friday
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn defended a massive increase in state income taxes passed by lawmakers Wednesday and promised to quickly sign the measure to help heal the state's ailing finances.
Additional Related items you might find interesting:Related items:
News Link • TAXES: Federal
News Link • Gold and Silver
News Link • Economy - Economics USA