A Reader's Suggestions on Building your Immune SystemWritten by Ernest Hancock Subject: Health and Physical Fitness
1) Detoxify your digestive tract and liver/gallbladder now. Disease often begins in the digestive tract and the liver is the main filter of the body. When either or both of these are sluggish then your body can be ripe for illness. This will prepare your body to readily be able to absorb, utilize and transport the good food and supplements that you will be using. It is good to do this in the Fall and in the Spring.
2) Eliminate all sugar. A teaspoon of sugar can bring the immune system down for up to 6 hours. Natural, healthy substitutes for sugar are stevia, agave nectar and Xylitol. It is best for you to satisfy your taste buds with fresh, organic fruits. Be sure to eat the whole fruit. Juicing your fruit will cause your insulin levels to spike.
3) Change your diet. Your immune system will flourish on a diet of organic fruits and vegetables. Two raw salads a day will help to provide you body with much-needed vitamins and nutrients. Incorporate soups and stews into your diet. If you eat meat make sure that it is organic and free-range. Cook with organic, unrefined coconut oil (try to consume 2 tablespoons daily) and for salads use organic, unrefined, cold-pressed olive oil. Try to stay away from pre-packaged foods and those foods that are canned or bagged. Purchase organic, free-range eggs and organic butter. Substitute pasteurized/homogenized milk with almond milk. You can also bake/cook with almond milk.
4) Eat a clove of garlic every day. Garlic acts in the body as a natural antibiotic. You must smash the clove in order to realize the immune enhancing properties.
5) Drink half your body weight in water every day. Our body is 95% water. We must put back what we eliminate through breathing, sweating and urination. Water helps the kidneys to continually flush toxins from the body. Make sure that you are drinking pure, clean water. I recommend distilled with organic apple cider vinegar added to replace the minerals lost through distillation.
6) Exercise every single day. Exercise not only helps with blood circulation and to keep unwanted pounds away but also can help with depression. Exercise helps to move the lymph system, which will in-turn move toxins from the body. Walking outdoor will help your body with Vitamin D production. For those who don’t experience a lot of sunshine it is recommended that you supplement with Vitamin D under the care of a health professional.
7) Adequate Sleep. Almost 80% of the population is sleep deprived. Sleep is necessary for our body to repair and heal. The body does the most healing between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. There is no such think as catching-up on sleep as once it is lost—it cannot be regained through marathon sleeping. Getting adequate rest allows the immune system to repair and be in top condition.
8) Take a good organic multi-vitamin/mineral formula + Vitamin C. Unfortunately eating organically doesn’t always protect us in a perfect manner. The soil conditions and the fact that herbicides and pesticides are carried through the air makes it necessary to supplement with vitamins that our body may not be receiving from our food intake. I have found one that I consider the “Cadillac” when it comes to providing the body with everything it needs to continue in health. Take 1 gram of Vitamin C daily in divided doses.
9) Wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands in the mornings, after every meal, after all outings, after shaking hands with people, after each trip to the bathroom and before bed. Teach your children to do the same. Do not use antibacterial soaps. The antibacterial compounds found in most of these soaps sold in the United States are likely contributing to the spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Use a good all-natural soap from the health food store. Wash with warm water and use a nailbrush along the nail line and in-between fingers. Make sure that you keep your hands away from your eyes and mouth.
10) Deal with stress. Repeated stress is one of the main causes of a suppressed immune system. Learn to manage your stress with meditation, deep breathing, walks in nature, good music, Yoga, Pilates and removing yourself from negative situations. Refuse to allow anyone or any situation to make you stressful. There are natural supplements that you can incorporate to help with stress such as Lithium Orotate or SamE.
In Case Of Flu—Items To Have On Hand—Your #1 Offense
1) Hydrogen Peroxide. In 1928 Richard Simmons, M.D. hypothesized that colds and flu virus enter through the ear canal. The medical community dismissed his findings. According to Dr. Simmons, contrary to what you may think or have been taught about how you catch the flu or the cold there is only one way that you can catch the two, and that's via the ear canal not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most have believed. We have found good results in curing the flu & cold within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each infected ear, (sometimes only one ear is infected) The H2O2 starts working within 2 to 3 minutes in killing the flu or cold; there will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging occurs. Wait until the bubbling & stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 min) then drain onto tissue and repeat other ear. A bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in 3% solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars. Although this method is perfectly safe for infant/children to use, the loud bubbling and stinging frightens them, they'll need someone they trust to put the hp in their ears. (Don’t get h2o2 in the eyes- if you do, flush with water).
2) Colloidal Silver. Colloidal Silver is anti-bacterial and anti-viral. It has an antibiotic effect on the body. More ppm does not necessarily make a good colloidal silver. In fact the lower the ppm the better able for it to penetrate the cell wall. Call your healthcare professional for therapeutic dosages.
3) Oregano Oil. Oregano Oil can be as an effective pain reliever as morphine. Place 1 drop of oregano oil in 1 ounce of warm water. Make sure that the oil is dispersed. Place 1-2 drops of the mixture in each nostril and sniff. The mixture will burn for about 30 seconds. This will help to break up sinus congestion. Do this 3-4 times daily and before bed. To take orally drop 3-5 drops in a veggie cap and take with food three times daily. Oregano Oil is also anti-bacterial and anti-viral.
4) Vitamin C. Make sure that it is ascorbic acid. Capsules and liquid are best. Take up to bowel tolerance. Taking the recommended dosage on the bottle will not be enough—for preventative purposes, double or triple it. If sick, divide the dosage and take some every hour---up to 5 grams daily.
5) Drink lots of fresh vegetable juice and pure, clean water. Flooding the body with liquids will help to flush out toxins and will also give the body added enzymes (helps with inflammation and pain) and nutrients.
6) Premier 8 – Glyconutrients have been given the title of “the new class of missing nutrients” or “miracle sugars”. Scores of studies have linked a deficiency of the extraordinary sugars to everything from lupus and diabetes to heart disease to cancer; from ADHD to infertility. Dozens of illnesses have been linked to an imbalance of these sugars. This is NOT the same as table sugar. Order the book Miracle Sugars by Rita Elkins for more explanation. Glyconutrients may represent the best of preventative medicine and may help with the following: viral infection, fungal infection, parasitic disease, bacterial disease, micro-bacterial disease, auto-immune disease. Providing the immune system with the right glyconutrients helps it recognize infectious organisms more readily. Remember, it is the “glycol” or sugar portion of both our immune cells and invading organisms that transfer messages. There is only one company (multi-level) that currently offers a similar product for a much higher price. You can get Premier 8 only through Oasis Advanced Wellness.
7) Zinc Lozenges – According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, when using zinc lozenges it is important to recognize that they need to be sucked on, NOT swallowed, and smaller doses taken more frequently seem to work better. Suck on a quarter lozenge every 30 minutes. If started early, this approach seems to work well for the majority of people. One caution: if the lozenges make you nauseous they should be stopped immediately as this is a sign of zinc toxicity. If you take preventative steps now you will be doing yourself a huge favor. Make sure that you are prepared in the flu happens to hit you or a family member. If your immune system is at a peak level then your “down time” and side-effects should be minimal. Talk with your family about the suggestions in this article and then implement as many as possible. You will be glad that you started early!