If you agree that we need the choice of gold and silver tender (and quickly) as a safeguard against the failing paper we're on now, please enter the fray with all the polite but firm pressure you can. Speaker Tobin also may have sent SB1439 to McGee's committee to kill it. But we don't know this. But he certainly could have picked a less hostile committee -- like maybe House Commerce, for instance. Also, we may be able to put SB1439 on a "Strike-everything" bill.
•Kate Brophy McGee ® email@example.com 602-926-4486 Dist.28
•Jeff Dial ® firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-5550 Dist.18
•Rosanna Gabaldon (D) email@example.com 602-926-3424 Dist. 2
•Lydia Hernandez (D) firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-3376 Dist.29
•David Livingston ® email@example.com 602-926-4178 Dist.22
•Darin Mitchell ® firstname.lastname@example.org 602-926-5894 Dist.13
•Steve Smith ® email@example.com 602-926-5685 Dist.11
Please vote “YES” on SB1439 gold & silver tender. These are the Constitutional reasons:
• The U.S. Constitution, in Art. I, Sec. X, Clause I “No State shall…coin Money, emit Bills of Credit, make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts….” Arizona is not in compliance. IF WE WERE, OUR ECONOMY AND JOBS WOULD IMPROVE. IT’S NOT COMPLICATED!
• Gold and silver as legal tender “promote the general welfare” of society by maintaining virtually stable buying power for decades, centuries, etc. – WHICH IS WHY THE FOUNDERS GAVE US THIS!
• SB1439 provides Arizona’s people a FREE CHOICE to voluntarily use gold & silver as tender, as also Fed. Res. Notes if they choose. No one is forced.
• Article I, Sec. VIII, Clause V of the U.S. Constitution says “The Congress shall have Power…To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures.” NOTE THAT WE THE PEOPLE GIVE CONGRESS NO POWER TO EMIT (ISSUE) MONEY, BUT ONLY TO COIN (This is according to the 10th Amendment.) COINING WAS A SERVICE TO GOLD, SILVER, & COPPER OWNERS COMING TO THE U.S. MINT.
• If Congress is given no power to emit, and the states are
prohibited, then where does constitutional money come from? WE THE
PEOPLE – THROUGH FREE MARKET INDUSTRY PRODUCE GOLD, SILVER, COPPER FOR
"Agriculture, manufactures, commerce, and navigation, the four pillars of our prosperity, are the most thriving when left most free to individual enterprise." (Thomas Jefferson)
• The silver Dollar was made law by the Articles of Confederation,
and is mentioned twice in the U.S. Constitution drafted in 1787. That
standard Dollar is fixed by the Coinage Act of 1792:
“DOLLARS OR UNITS – each to be of the value of a Spanish milled dollar as the same is now current, and to contain three hundred and seventy-one grains and four sixteenth parts of a grain of pure, or four hundred and sixteen grains of standard silver.”
• BUT HOW DO YOU CARRY AND DEAL WITH HEAVY GOLD AND SILVER? Simply by
certificates, debit cards, checkbooks, etc. issued by the repositories –
much as we do now with banks. The free market will solve it.
PLEASE VOTE “YES” ON SB1439