OPENING- 2 minutes
Announce event; Title, format-overview of evening event/structure.
2. CONCEPT. 3 minutes
Brief statement by moderator: Introduction. Idea and importance of forum-genesis and intention. America as a nation of ideas progressed as a society by discussion of ideas and values reflecting it's diversity of ethnicities, ideologies and worldviews. 45 second recitation of core of Declaration summarizing core of American concept( (Thomas Jefferson "Author of America"-Christopher Hitchens)
3. ROUND ONE- Moderator questions -50 minutes (end 8pm)
- Specific issues to be discussed in categories of environmental policy and education.
-Ground rules and etiquette for entire forum for panel and audience(3 minute period for answer/rebuttal by
panelists-all have chance to answer question with one rebuttal round).
-2 minute introduction by moderator before response to first question by each panelist
4. ROUND TWO: Audience participation/Open forum 40 minutes (end 8:45)
-Reiterate etiquette/ground rules
-no interruptions(verbal or applause) by audience or panelists of those holding the floor
-1 minute comments/questions from audience alternating from two mikes.
-same 3 minute answer/rebuttal from panel.
5. CLOSE: Look back. Begin 8:45 -(15 minutes)
-Discussion from panel and audience on event with same ground rules-positive/negative/suggestions.
-Ideas for future events
-Thank panelists, audience and volunteers
-Reminder of recorded broadcast of program Sunday 9-11/Possible podcast
BREAKS: 3 minutes each
1. Before program - Kaja Brown: Brief history/purpose of Radio Phoenix-pitch for volunteers/support
2. 7:30 Summary of Saturday event
3. 8:00 Raffle
4. 8:30 Raffle
*3 minute float on breaks
Maryland and 3rd St Phoenix Center for the Arts.
Phoenix Center for the Arts
1202 N. 3rd Street Suite 103
Phoenix, AZ 85004