FREEDOM FORUM: Discussion

Make a Comment

Comments in Response

Comment by Powell Gammill
Entered on:
One, you might want to send a similar letter/ e-mail to your two state legislators and state senator in your district.

Find your legiscritter's info

Finding your legislative district Place address in form at bottom left of web page.

Two, to add to the excellent commentary on this atrocious bill, four armed and combat hardened National Guardsmen just retreated when confronted by eight armed "Mexicans" crossing at the border. So, I think there is a need for anyone who wished to travel armed, especially near the border.

Comment by Terry Bressi
Entered on:
I pretty much agree with most of the sentiments in your article other than the quote below:

"I am certain that you are aware of the case of Border Patrol Agents Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos who are headed to prison for daring to protect the integrity of our borders."

Agents Compean and Ramos aren't heading to prison for daring to protect the integrity of our borders. They're headed to prison for daring to shoot fifteen times at an unarmed man who was fleeing from them and posed no physical threat. One shot hit the man in the buttocks - a hard shot to make if he was facing them but an easy shot to make if he was turned away and fleeing.

Compean and Ramos are also going to prison for lying to investigators, failing to fill out required firearm discharge reports, filling out false reports and destroying evidence.

Compean and Ramos were both veteran agents well aware of the rule of law (or the lack thereof) and their agency's policies regarding pursuit, firearms discharge and reporting requiremens. If they didn't like these policies, they should have vented their frustrations in ways that didn't involve shooting an unarmed man in the back - regardless of how distasteful that man may have been.

Make a Comment