FREEDOM FORUM: Discussion

Make a Comment

Comments in Response

Comment by Brock Lorber
Entered on:
Mr. McGovern, thank you for a good exposition on problems that need to be cleared up in the CIA. I wonder, though, at the admiration of Panetta.

Leon Panetta has been responsible for feeding himself for five years, from 1971 - 1976, and then only working for the firm of Panetta, Thompson & Panetta. Assuming he had actual duties there that consisted of satisfying customers, that leaves 65 years of living off the productive efforts of others.

Panetta isn't exactly the type I would consider for cleaning my garage; I'd be concerned that he would obligate it somehow as government property. Consequently, I'm not as optimistic as you on his prospects of cleaning up the CIA.

However, my idea of cleaning up the CIA would consist of disbanding it entirely and donating its files and assets to cold war museums, so take that with a grain of salt.

Comment by Kelly Johnson
Entered on:

"gives hope that torture and "rendition".....I cannot believe that this is even being said...what in the world is going on. This whole government should have been dismantled a long time ago. The war crimes the US government has committed along with it's countless "covert" operations, Iran, South America, the CIA training of "puppets" for their benefit, for pure profit for the elite is sickening, and now the sheep and the innocent are feeling it.....the "American Dream" is now the "American Nightmare" goodbye....

Make a Comment