FREEDOM FORUM: Discussion

Make a Comment

Comments in Response

Comment by Anonymous
Entered on:

Wonderful column count me out too. While I may not approve of my governments actions I love my country.

Comment by Rocky Frisco
Entered on:

Chuck, consider this: When Christians were being murdered and persecuted for their belief, they left a shining record of faith and courage. It was when they got the upper hand politically that they began to persecute and murder others. When they held majority power, Christians supported slavery and the genocide of the Native Americans, both of which were antithetical to the spirit of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. When you start talking about America's "Christian heritage," remember those events and not just the high-sounding words that supported their hypocrisy. If you want to know the real value of a person's faith, don't just report his behavior in the stocks and ignore it when he has the whip.

Since Christians show best when they are being persecuted, why would you decry the present trends? Maybe what you're seeing is an opportunity for some hard testing, perhaps something the "church" needs to winnow out the liars and pretenders.

Make a Comment