FREEDOM FORUM: Discussion

Make a Comment

Comments in Response

Comment by Martin Birk
Entered on:

Every now and then I am compelled to comment on one of the most anti-Israel propaganda blogs going... and I must say Stephen, you have really extinguished yourself this time. While there can be no doubt that the military-police state is on the rise all over the world, your attempt to demonize Israel in this post strikes a nerve. Of course the mistreatment of children is always a grievous crime anywhere it occurs... and unfortunately it is becoming commonplace... but not in Israel. The news pictures abound of crimes against children, women, and the elderly... but not in Israel. No... I think of places across Africa, the Far East, the Pacific Rim, yes... even in the good ol' USA long before Israel enters this picture. Places where oppressive religious systems collide with the secular world, or governments gone bad for any number of reasons. The truth is Israel is a bastion of freedom and religious tolerance in the Middle East - and none of the surrounding countries - or for that matter most of the world - comes close these days. Is any country without their own problems? Absolutely Not. But your extreme bias against Israel is truly remarkable in the face of a much bigger picture. Let's agree to find and punish the wrongdoers, where we can... but I think you need to take off your blinders and give Israel a break... as a nation and a people.

Make a Comment