News Link • Gun Rights

Army Orders Soldiers To Register Their Private Guns (IT HAS BEGUN)

Comment by Bob Smiley

The government is finally paying attention to the number of suicides of returning veterans and the number of murders done by them. This is just a very minor beginning of caring for them.

Comment by Chip Saunders
Furthermore, this sort of order, when given by the proper element in the command chain, is rather common. Almost every base and/or installation where soldiers reside on site has a regulation in place such as this, requiring they either not possess private firearms while on base, or secure them with the MPs in some sort of secure lock-up. It varries from facility to facility and is entirely at the discretion of the senior command official.

A good friend of mine who was assigned to the Navy Yard in D.C. in the early 90**Q**s could not legally possess his privately owned Mini-14 **QQ**assault rifle**QQ**. I helped to ship it to him anyway, disassembling it and stowing it in several other parcels sent to him via mail.

Comment by Ed Vallejo
After researching your comment, I read this at World Net Daily:

The order was stopped, according to base officials, when it was discovered the commander was not **QQ**acting within his authority.**QQ**

I appreciate you bringing this information to my attention. That is the idea of posting articles that we become aware of (this is the first time I had been apprised of this information).

As for **Q**verifying my facts**Q** before posting a story - is it your assertion that I research every last bit of information I post to the nth degree, and that had I known the whole story, I shouldn**Q**t have posted it? I sure hope not - not only is it impossible to find every fact about every story, but that would defeat the purpose of GENERATING DISCUSSION OF THE ISSUES.

Whether I present all the **Q**facts**Q** in the original post or someone informs me in the comment section makes no difference to me - it all comes out one way or another. Sometimes I think it**Q**s better to MAKE PEOPLE THINK FOR THEMSELVES by asking the **Q**right questions**Q**.

Sometimes it gets them off the couch.

Comment by Brandon Smith

I have a feeling that with the likes of that Terrorist General David Patreus (longtime CFR member) we**Q**re going to see the Military Industrial Complex gain momentum and maybe he or another Traitor will actually run for President in either 2012 or 2016. Now if you thought Bush and Obama were bad enough, just wait until you see a Silver Tongued Military General. Imagine the (I hate Liberals because of Obama) turn around like we saw Republicans hating Bush so they voted Democrat with this last election. God help us all if it ever comes to that.....

Comment by Bruce Barton
Please before posting a story, verify the facts.

A *military commander* at Fort Campbell in Kentucky demanded his soldiers give him the registration numbers of any guns they own privately and then reveal where they are stored.

Was the commander jumping the gun on future orders or simply pandering to a gun control mentality?

Comment by Richard Stone

We need to keep track of all those right wing military extremist (soldiers) that serve this country and protect it with there lives. The government has become afraid of our own military. Are they afraid that they will live up to their vow to uphold the constitution and defend this country against enemies both forigen and domestic?