News Link • Death

Tombstone for TED

• BlueLoriBlogSpot

Comment by Jet Lacey

"We all get a little brown on our underwear from time to time..."

Great line Scott, absolutely top-notch.  May I take poetic license?  I'll assume you said unoquivocally "Yes!"

In this instance however, its use, while technically correct, is an understatement of monolithic proportions.

You may or may not, from time to time, make a hash brown or a skid mark in your drawers, but in using that analogy, Ted Kennedy's underwear must have looked like Salisbury steak day at an elementary school.

Ewwwwwwww.

Comment by Anonymous

For Gods sake....We all get a little brown on our underwear from time to time...Lets be graceful here until the man gets buried. He did a lot of good things for poor people. Stop with the Hate please!

Comment by Jet Lacey

In the above HST reference (which is hilarious by the way), I'm not even talking about Teddy "I got drunk, careened off a bridge, and left some chick at the bottom of a pond just to save my own ass" Kennedy.

The point simply is, if you're scum in life, you're no different in death.  There's no reason to give someone you loathe a flowery eulogy.  In my book there's nothing wrong with saying;

"Good f*cking riddance, the world is a better place without you."

Is there something I'm missing here?  For the life of me I don't know......

And now friends, a retort from the Archbishop of the Church of Hunter S. Tompson, none other than Jet Lacey, the Freakin' Deacon himself, to elaborate on the Gospel of Gonzo.

I object once again. The man leaves a family behind, he was a redoubtable adversary and none of us killed him in open battle. None of us can claim or gain honor in his death. I think it's shameful to celebrate his demise in this manner.

Comment by Jet Lacey

As always, what Hunter S. Thompson says about the death of a foe sums it up best….

HE WAS A CROOK

Comment by Anonymous

I would not mourn the passing of anyone who so callously left another to Die. Whats more is not only did his actions contribute to or directly cause her death so many of his actions have contributed to the Death of our Republic. When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed. -Ayn Rand

Comment by Anonymous

This posting at this time is very unseemly.

Ah, the Theodore Kennedy Memorial  Health Care Bill...foresee any trouble with it sailing through CONgress now?

It sure does make me wonder who wrote that highly articulate letter to the legislature to reverse how Teddy's replacement is to be selected?  Pretty cogent since he was on his death bed in the terminal stages of advanced brain cancer.

There's something undignified about glorying in the death of an adversary in this manner.

Man between Jim and Lori it looks like there is no love for Ted on this sight.

Well you guys can disrespect Ted, but I will always remember him for the wonderful swimmer he was:

Purse.IO Save on All Amazon Purchases