Article Image
IPFS News Link • Politics: General Activism


• City of Phoenix
If you would like to lobby the Mayor and/or any Phoenix City Council member, you must register (or re-register) for 2010. [Do you smell a FOIA request?] You can download the handbook or call the Official Records section of the City Clerk Department at (602) 262-6811. Note some of the following requirements: *Notify the City Clerk of any changes on whose behalf lobbying is being performed; *File quarterly reports as required; *Include all persons (and their addresses) by whom the lobbyist is compensated to lobby and on whose behalf the lobbying is being performed;...

1 Comments in Response to

Comment by Powell Gammill
Entered on:

Remember anyone can lobby their representatives on the issues that concern them.  It is only if you are acting as a third party that you must register as a commercial lobbyist.  Read the definition of lobbyist well. And then yes, if you have suspicions, a FOIA request to the city might prove illuminating IF the list of registered lobbyists isn't already readily available.