News Link • Archaeology

King Arthur's Round Table Located

• arclein
Researchers exploring the legend of Britain’s most famous Knight believe his stronghold of Camelot was built on the site of a recently discovered Roman amphitheatre in Chester. Legend has it that his Knights would gather before battle at a round table where they would receive instructions from their King.

Comment by Die Daily

Oh, and magnets. Some people don`t know how they work. Others have completed grade 7.

Comment by Die Daily

But you are cute. And we have a soft spot for the adorable.

Comment by Die Daily

`You all have no proof I even exist as a human does that mean I'm not here?`. Seepy, nobody has ever disagreed with you on this. Nobody would argue that you are entirely human. Certainly, we have never thought that you are `all here`.

Comment by Die Daily

Ken, it could very well have originated with the Norman invaders, although it`s a bit unlikely. Still, a myth is a myth is a myth. I love this particular myth though. While unhistorical in the extreme, it`s pretty dang cool nonetheless.

Comment by Ken Valentine

As I understand it, the Arthurian Legend originated  in France.

Comment by Concerned Patriot

Why do you guys not believe in magic? Just because we have no proof this happened doesn't mean it didn't happen. You all have no proof I even exist as a human does that mean I'm not here?

And what about magnets? Nobody really knows how they work yet we do not deny that they do.

Comment by Die Daily

I'm with Mike.

Comment by Mike Renzulli

I don't think the story of King Arthur is true. Initially scientists may conclude this castle or rotunda was for him but there is no evidence Arthur ever existed. The Arthur legend/myth was a way to mystify the rein of Britain's first monarch King Alfred I. It's very possible the castle or location in question was a meeting place Alfred or any one of Britain's kings used for the purposes stated in the article. nice try though.

Stop Wars T-shirt at The Bitcoin Store