• Free Patriot Press
Jim Babka reports that budget bill H.R. 3082 rescinds funding for implementing the “hub” for REAL ID data collection. If this passes (which it presumably will), it will be a major victory for privacy rights advocates, but it falls short of repealing REAL ID.
Jim Babka writes:
* REAL ID assumes I am a foreign terrorist or illegal immigrant, and that I must "prove" my innocence
* I am punished with higher fees, more red tape, and longer DMV lines
* And my private information will be centralized, making me more susceptible to identity theft and other dangers
Furthermore . . .
* The REAL ID law still exists as an unconstitutional, unfunded mandate on the cash-strapped states
* 21 states will still be out of compliance when it is scheduled to take effect in May, 2011 http://www.seattlepi.com/local/431425_realid08.html?source=mypi
* By de-funding the verification hub, there's no longer any point in forcing the st
Join us on our
Share this page with your friends
on your favorite social network: