On caucus night, I gave a speech at a triple-precinct site. We all
voted separately, but the function was run together. Ron Paul won all
the individual precincts. How? Firstly all credit goes to Dr. Paul for
if it were not for him, I would be an ignorant neocon. However, it was
my delivery of Dr. Paul that made the difference.
I hope that this will be an open letter to all future caucus goers. Your organization in your community DOES make a difference. Note:
1) I was the best dressed. Shirt, suit, and tie.
2) I used the Iowa-style Phone from Home to target my neighbors
3) I sent the super-brochure to all the independent supervoters in my precinct
4) I talked to all my neighbors with whom I was on very personal terms and I ‘made’ them come.
Frankly, this is the easiest way to boost poll numbers.
5) This one is uncontrollable but also neighborhood demographics make a difference. Do not be discouraged if you do not win your precinct. Instead, mark your success by how much you exceeded the expected turn out of your support vs the establishment.
6) I gave the best speech that targeted neocons. These people are not ready for ‘the truth’.
So instead I said things that they were looking to hear, and let Dr. Paul’s record do the work while the other candidates have years of inconsistency going against them.
When I arrived the precinct chair informed us the speech would only be 1-2 minutes long. Yikes.