probe role of young Moldovan woman
• Mother of missing 5-year-old girl gives tearful appeal
• Divers resume search for missing 21 people
• Captain claims he tripped and fell into lifeboat
• Captain's behaviour 'disgraceful' says reluctant hero
• Violinist died trying to retrieve instrument
The 25-year-old blonde, identified as Domnica Cemortan, was invited onto the bridge as the cruise liner sailed perilously close to Giglio, in what was apparently a ‘salute’ to an old friend of the captain’s and a favour to the ship’s head waiter, whose family were from the island.
She was reportedly the guest of one of the ship’s officers and may be the woman that passengers saw drinking and chatting with Capt Francesco Schettino on Friday evening, a few hours before the Costa Concordia ran aground.
Italian judicial authorities, who are investigating the accident and the
captain’s conduct, want to interview Ms Cemortan, who according to her
Facebook page was born in Chisinau, Moldova, and lives in Bucharest,