http://www.thejuicemedia.com Juice Rap News: Episode 15 - Big Brother is WWWatching You. September
2012 rocks around with some crucial developments in the ongoing struggle
over the future of the internet. Will it remain the one open frequency
where humanity can bypass filters and barriers; or become the greatest
spying machine ever imagined? The future is being decided as we type.
Across Oceania, States have been erecting and installing measures to
legalise the watching, tracking and storage of data of party-members and
proles alike. If such plans materialize, will this place ever be the
same? And what will be the evolutionary consequences for our human
journey? Join our plucky host Robert Foster as he conducts an incisive
analysis of the situation at hand. Joining him are newly appointed
Thought Police General at the Pentopticon, Darth O'Brien Baxter, and a
surprisingly lucid Terence Winston Moonseed. Once again, in the midst of
this Grand Human Experiment, we are forced to ask tough questions about
our future. Will it involve a free internet which will continue to
revolutionise the way the world communicates with itself? Or is our
picture of the future a Boot stamping on this Human InterFace forever?
Written & created by Giordano Nanni & Hugo Farrant - on Wurundjeri Land in Melbourne, Australia.
- SUPPORT the creation of new episodes of Juice Rap News,
a show which relies on private donations: http://thejuicemedia.com/donate
- CONNECT with us:
* Website: http://thejuicemedia.com
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/juicerapnews
* Farcebook: https://www.facebook.com/rapnews
* FREE MP3: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/downloads/603938
* LYRICS available here: http://thejuicemedia.com/video/lyrics
* Download TOR: https://www.torproject.org
* MAIN BEAT "Colossus Awakens" Produced by the Goat Beats http://www.thegoatbeats.com
* ORCHESTRATION & George-Orwell theme composed by Adrian Sergovich
* MUSIC & VIDEO EDITING by Giordano
* ARTWORK & website wizardry by Zoe Tame of http://visualtonic.com.au
* EFFECTS & ANIMATIONS by Jonas Schweizer (See his work: http://www.indiegogo.com/CaribbeanNewcomer)
* PROPS: Thanks to Zoe Umlaut of Umlautronics for constructing the Juice Channeling Portal, worryingly close to spec. And to Gilles Gundermann for sourcing awesome Orwellian props.
* CAPTIONS: Merci to Koolfy from la Quadrature du Net.
* Thanks to Dave Abbott for technical advice; and deep gratitude to Lucy & Caitlin for all the ongoing support (and patience).
- TRANSLATIONS: Thanks to Artiom for Russian translation; Thanks to Jonas Maebe for Dutch translation; If you would like to translate this episode into your language, please contact us via our website http://thejuicemedia.com/contact/ to obtain the SRT file.
- FURTHER READING & LINKS:
* ESSENTIAL: "A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace" by John Perry Barlow (1996): https://projects.eff.org/~barlow/Declaration-Final.html
* TOR PROJECT: https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en
* NATIONAL SECURITY INQUIRY (Australia - opened on September 5):
* PIRATE PARTY (Australia) submission to the National Security Inquiry:
Pirate Party petition on #natsecinquiry: http://pirateparty.org.au/natsecinquiry-petition/
* GREAT ARTICLE by Richard Falkvinge, "Debunking the Dangerous 'If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear'":
* INTERNET ACTIVISM: We highly recommend checking out this great video-interview with Julian Assange (WikiLeaks), Jacob Appelbaum (Tor Project), Jeremie Zimmerman (La Quadrature du Net) and Andy Muller-Maguhn (Chaos Computer Club):
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eil_1j72LOA
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQghUChYtk
* INTERVIEWS with NSA whistleblowers Thomas Drake http://www.democracynow.org/2012/3/21/in_unprecedented_obama_admin_crackdown_nsa
& William Binney (and Jake Appelbaum): http://www.democracynow.org/2012/4/23/more_secrets_on_growing_state_surveillance