A FOIA request filed by ABC News revealed statistics on TSA worker thefts and has facilitated a list of U.S. airports arranged according to the number of employees that were fired due to thefts.
The list arrives just in time for the holidays, when the nation’s airports are set to be the busiest, and found 16 out of the 20 busiest airports top the list.
ABC News published the list of the major airports where theft-related firings were most prevalent, as seen below. The number in parentheses reflects the number of fired workers.
2. JFK International Airport (27)
3. Los Angeles International Airport (24)
4. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (17)
5. Las Vegas-McCarren International Airport (15)
8. Newark Liberty, Philadelphia International, and Seattle-Tacoma International airports (12 each)
11. Orlando International Airport (11)
12. Houston-George Bush Intercontinental Airport and Salt Lake City International Airport (10 each)
14. Washington Dulles International Airport (9)
15. Detroit Metro Airport and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (7)
17. Boston-Logan International, Denver International and San Diego International airports (6)
20. Chicago O’Hare International Airport (5)