Summary: *sarcasm added*
1. "It can be seen as exciting to mentor and guide a
young state" -These
individualist need to be reigned in -- it seems
2. "AZ became inhabitable (otherwise just a desert)
with Gov $$$" - had
nothing to do with the Pioneers, it turns out
3. "Government’s Role--Leadership" - Not public service, as we thought
4. "Legislatures make the “highway” upon which
capitalism moves!" -capitalism does not
"move" without "Legislatures" Apparently? Not sure
where they got their money to build the "highway"?
5. "Need “one version of the truth” so all oars (sic) are pulling in the same direction" - I prefer my version of the truth, and to be
on my own boat (New Orleans' super dome comes to mind)
6. "Who drives AZ 2112 Plan? Governor,
Legislature, business community, AZ’s federal DC delegation, philanthropy
or combination of above?" - Am I allowed
to 'drive' my own plan for my own family?
7. "Population Growth--6 to 25MM", "Planned
growth corridors vs. uncontrolled sprawl" ?!?!!??
Not sure I want to live in a "corridor" with 25M others
8. "Arts, cultural, recreational, and other quality
of life concerns" - I'm glad at least
this will be planned/provided on my behalf
9. "Replacement Vision—We have 9GW NE AZ coal, 4GW
Palo Verde nuclear, then what?" - thank
goodness that we don't have to depend on government for our energy needs
we would all be in big trouble. Clean renewable energy will and is being
provided by the free market despite government meddling and waste.
10. "Create Self Sufficiency Centers" - did I read this right? The government is going to
create "Centers" to help us be "Self Sufficient"?
11. "AZCare Portal… state exchange vs. federal
exchange" - These are our two options,
apparently. No free market exchange?
12. "Restore AZ as wellness capital of world" - What a vision! "Lower weight of all
Arizonans by 25%" - They're going to
force me on a tread mill? I don't think Mayor Bloomberg would go this far. "Doctors and Hospitals on Capitation Plans to align
incentives" - Just plane scary
13. High Occupancy Lanes (tolls?) - Of course, privatize lanes already paid for by public money. We knew
this was coming.
14. "Arts and cultural celebration centers planned for
recreation and renewal of spirit" - I
feel much better already
15. "Time to innovate to ultimate vision. Less
need for brick and mortar, teachers, paper, etc. Education needs to
evolve into new digital age." - Students
educate themselves on internet (centrally planed curriculum I presume)
while 'Mentors' make double that of teachers.