• Bank of Cyprus chairman Andreas Artemis resigns:reports
• Thousands of Cypriot students protest against bail-out
• 'We are facing an emergency': Cyprus finance minister
• Banks in Cyprus to stay closed until Thursday
• Cyprus president announces criminal probe into crisis
• Eurogroup head hails Cyprus bail-out as a template
• Russia's Putin orders restructuring of €2.5bn Cyprus loan
13.23 Earlier we mentioned reports Andreas Artemis, chairman of the Bank of Cyprus, had tendered his resignation. One of the reasons he reportedly gave was that he had appointed an administrator without notifying the bank's management.
Now special administrator Dinos Christofrides has confirmed he was appointed on Monday night, though he said the Cypriot central bank was responsible for his appointment. Speaking to Reuters, he said:
[I will oversee] the restructuring of the bank and the absorption of part of Cyprus Popular Bank.
It means that from now until further notice I will be running the bank. It could be short term...or it could be longer.