It was 2 o’clock in the morning when our two year old toddler woke me with a terrifying scream. She was just across the hallway, but I was disoriented for a moment and couldn’t figure out why I was blind. As I realized the power was out, I looked for the battery-powered lantern I keep beside the bed only to find it missing. The three year old had probably been playing with it again. I felt my way around the house and hoped the lantern would still have power. It clicked on and what a blessed sight that light was. After a few minutes of rocking and lullabies, the baby was soundly sleeping, but I was wide awake. I found the extra flash light and left it turned on in the older children’s room so they wouldn’t be scared if they woke in the pitch-dark.
Join us on our
Share this page with your friends
on your favorite social network: