The president initially downplayed their injuries from the strike on January 8, insisting they were "trauma headaches."
But the Pentagon released a statement on Monday confirming 109 US troops were diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury, according to CNN.
Reuters stated 76 of the service members diagnosed with the condition have returned to duty.
Pentagon press secretary Alyssa Farah said: "We are grateful to the efforts of our medical professionals who have worked diligently to ensure the appropriate level of care for our service members."
SURGE IN INJURIES
"[This] has enabled nearly 70 percent of those diagnosed to return to duty," Farah continued. "We must continue to address physical and mental health together.
"Our research has been instrumental in the development of various breakthroughs to improve the lives of those individuals who have sustained brain injuries.
"Our efforts must address the total picture - before, during and after any blast exposure or injury.
"This is a snapshot in time and numbers can change. We will continue to provide updates as they become available."
CNN reported around 200 people who were in the bomb zone at the time of the attack were screened for TBI symptoms.
Initially, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said 34 troops have been diagnosed, but that figure has since soared.
They then released a statement confirming 50 US soldiers had been diagnosed with the condition.
No US service members were killed or immediately physically injured the when the Irianian military attacked the base in Iraq.
The shocking move was revenge for the US gunning down Revolutionary Guard General Qassem Soleimani in a Baghdad drone strike on Janaury 3.
Ten missiles hit the airbase housing US troops, one missile hit a US military base in Erbil, and four missiles failed to hit their targets.