Based on the book, On Death and Dying, Swiss-born psychiatrist Elizabeth Kubler-Ross wrote that there were five stages that someone goes through when they are dying. Republicans are going through the same process.
1. Denial and Isolation: "This is not happening to me."
2. Anger: "How dare the voters do this to me."
3. Bargaining: "Just let me get a recount to complete one more term before I go to work for lobbyists."
4. Depression: "I can't bear to face going through this, being . . . irrelevant."
5. Acceptance: "I'm toast. How much should I charge for speaking engagements?"