Kennedy promised to deliver the amnesty bill! What happened? He failed!
What's Next? IMMEDIATE RESTORATION OF IMMIGRATION INTEGRITY, ETHICS and ENFORCEMENT
Why does the
"We-the-People" have made our desires crystal clear.
We must never put ourselves in the "immigration madness" box again. If and when any member of the Congress drifts in that direction, we must dump her/him immediately.
We must take the time and energy to express our deepest and most profound thanks to the politicians, congressional staff, and countless talk-radio heroes, bloggers and their friends (NUMBERSUSA, FAIR, ALIPAC, FIRECOALITION, The Social Contract) who did well by us.
With the Cloture Vote momentum now prevailing, we share an opportunity to turn the mess around:
1. Emergency Funding; $94 billion stand-alone bill needed
Our job is now to demand that President Bush send to the Congress a $94 BIL stand-alone, emergency funding bill -- to pay for the enforcement laws already on the books.
2. U.S. Immigration Czar needed
We need, for the first time – a U.S. Immigration Czar – serving at the Cabinet level. This competent, compassionate person must take the reins from the five competing fiefdoms (State, Commerce, Labor, DHS, etc) and restore law-and-order. For the immediate future, this Czar must put a 10 year hold on all immigration. During that moratorium, we must revamp the fatally-flawed USCIS.
The Immigration Czar must also draft a U.S. Immigration Strategic Plan to restore our sovereign nation status, and avoid notions such as a "guest-worker" program. Instead, we must quadruple our university system to train our own knowledge workers. At the same time, we must restart the tried-and-true CCC, with an exciting moniker (CCC-2020) to train high-quality manual laborers and heavy equipment operators while we upgrade our national Parks and State Parks and county parks everywhere. In addition, we must use tax-credits to immediately incentivize the agriculture sector to shift from manual labor to mechanized farming.
4. Good fences make for good neighbors
No more fooling around -- assign the job of building the 2,100 mile long World-Class Southern Border fence to the U.S. Navy Seabees -- who will finish the job in two years, under budget. Why the Seabees? They are past-masters and experts in building such fences, AND… they are fully equipped to defend themselves. The fence will reduce the need for border guards by 75 percent.
5. Weak Link;
The key "sticking-point" is the need to double the entire U.S. Federal Court system -- to process all of the criminals. Make this a temporary thing -- no new buildings – night shifts. Yes, we must double the staff.
6. No new brick-and-mortar prisons are needed
To make room for scofflaws in our existing jails and prisons, we must do two important actions;
- Revamp our beliefs and approach toward those who use and abuse so-called illicit drugs. We must re-instill the so-called protestant ethic and bite the bullet as we "legalize" certain "recreational drugs" – and sell those drugs, heavily taxed and handled just as we do alcohol – perhaps using state-liquor sales stores. This will, if properly done, result in half of those now imprisoned to be placed in "boot camps" as they learn appropriate behavioral processes and practices and return to productive citizenship.
- Build tent-city jails near our southern border – each equipped with a mini immigration court, with a highly-qualified magistrate assigned full-time to handle the many issues. As each temporary facility is completed, we must use secure bus-vehicles to transport the criminals.
7. Tough law
To investigate and apprehend the millions of crooked
criminals who employ the illegal aliens, we must direct that half of the
As a key and related part of this action, we must
avoid the temptation to abuse the stand-up "migrant laborers" as they
voluntarily repatriate -- when their jobs disappear and restored to the lower-
8. Southern border: 7
In order to free-up enough Border Patrol Agents to
help do that job (7), we must bring the U.S. Marines back from
9. Re-Implement the
14th Amendment to the
We must demand that the Congress pass legislation that "reinterprets" the 14th Amendment -- to put a stop to the inane practice of granting citizenship to babies born to foreign nationals who arrive illegally. Additionally, no more chain migration!
10. No More Omnibus Bills – each bill must stand naked and alone
No more omnibus bills. The House and Senate must stand tall and introduce a series of related but stand-stand-alone bills to deal with the secondary immigration issues. Each 'great idea' must sink or swim based upon its own merits.
NO MORE HORSE-TRADING!
All of this must be in-progress no later than October 1, 2007. The emergency funds authorization must be funded, signed by the President and in place before the Congress is allowed to recess for the summer of 2007.
No other immigration-related legislation can be considered until this "Top-Ten" comes to fruition.
"Let’s git 'er done!"