Trump Opponents Ignore US Fascism Wrapped in the American Flag
by Stephen Lendman
Large-scale protests are planned for inauguration day, January 20. Anti-Trumpism ignores what's most important - a debauched system revolutionary change alone can fix, each wing of America's one party state as corrupted as the other.
Ordinary people have no say whatever. Voting is a waste of time. RefuseFascism.org headlined "IN THE NAME OF HUMANITY WE REFUSE TO ACCEPT A FASCIST AMERICA."
It's deep-rooted, not something arriving under Trump. Fascist deep state dark forces run things. Presidents, key congressional members and the courts serve their interests.
Anti-Trumpists claiming he's the problem ignore reality. RefuseFascism initiators disgracefully called his election "illegitimate" even though he won convincingly.
Full-page NYT and WaPo ads headlined STOP THE TRUMP-PENCE REGIME BEFORE IT STARTS…Take to the streets every night and every day growing in numbers. BRING DC TO A HALT!"
"…There are times in history when the impossible is possible because of the extremeness of the situation - this is one of those times."
Pro-Hillary dark forces are behind this scheme to undermine Trump before and after his inauguration, likely wanting him impeached or violently removed from office - a coup d'etat scheme no thinking person should support.
Deep-seated fascism flourished under the Clinton co-presidency, Bush/Cheney and Obama. Why weren't their regimes strongly denounced and opposed?
Why were they allowed to get away with mass murder unaccountably, exclusively serving monied interests, enforced by police state laws?
Why is Trump assailed so viciously before taking office? He may turn out as bad or worse than his predecessors, but he hasn't taken office yet so it's too soon to know.
He deserves a chance to govern before passing judgment. At the same time, it takes a giant leap of faith to think he'll be a popular leader, a peacemaker, a president serving all Americans equitably and justly.
Fascism infested America long ago. In the 1930s, famed investigative journalist George Seldes saw it coming. He called WW I militarists and weapons makers "merchants of death," promoting "imperialism (and) colonization by means of war…The more wars," the more riches.
An earlier article addressed political scientist Laurence W. Britt discussing "Fascism Anyone?" He described its 14 common elements prevalent in America earlier - raging under the Clintons, Bush/Cheney and Obama, responsible for escalating police state viciousness.
(1) "Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism," including displaying flags, lapel pins, and other patriotic nationalist expressions, rallying people for a common cause.
(2) "Disdain for the importance of human rights" and civil liberties, believing they hinder ruling elitist power.
(3) "Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause," shifting blame for failures, "channel(ling) frustration in controlled directions," and vilifying targeted groups for political advantage.
(4) "The supremacy of the military/avid militarism," allocating a disproportionate share of national wealth and resources for it.
(5) "Rampant sexism," viewing women as second-class citizens.
(6) "A controlled mass media," in public or private hands, promoting power elite policies.
(7) "Obsession with national security," using it as an instrument of belligerence and oppression.
(8) "Religion and ruling elite tied together," portraying themselves as military defenders of the nation's dominant religion at the expense of one or more others, deemed inferior or threatening.
(9) "Power of corporations defended," for economic dominance, military production, and social control.
(10) "Power of labor suppressed or eliminated," leaving political and corporate dominance unchallenged.
(11) "Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts," because they represent intellectual and academic freedom, subversive to national security and political control.
(12) "Obsession with crime and punishment," featuring draconian criminal justice measures and practices.
(13) "Rampant cronyism and corruption," power elites enriching themselves at the expense of others less fortunate.
14) "Fraudulent elections," manipulated for desired results by disenfranchising opposition voters or simply rigging the process.
These elements largely describe today's America - before Trump succeeds Obama.
Where's the outrage? Why weren't Americans raging in the streets against earlier administrations, causing so much harm to so many for so long?
Why is Obama's approval rating around his highpoint despite ruthlessly betraying the public trust? Why have he, Bush/Cheney and the Clintons remained unaccountable for major crimes of war and against humanity?
Why is anger addressed at Trump alone? America's debauched system is to blame, revolutionary change the only way to fix things. Nothing else can work.
Stephen Lendman lives in Chicago. He can be reached at email@example.com.
His new book as editor and contributor is titled "Flashpoint in Ukraine: How the US Drive for Hegemony Risks WW III."
Visit his blog site at sjlendman.blogspot.com.
Listen to cutting-edge discussions with distinguished guests on the Progressive Radio News Hour on the Progressive Radio Network.