FREEDOM FORUM: Discussion

Make a Comment

Comments in Response


Comment by JustinTyme
Entered on:

This is a bunch of crap.  This capability already exists.  Credit reports currently provide indicataters for a "valid" SSN, the year it was issued and the state it was issued in.  It's the credit grantor's responsibility to review that information and determine what additional information they will require to verify the identy of the individual.

For instance, if I was to receive an application from a 40 year old individual with an SSN that was issued last year, I'd inquire and require verification of the reason for that.

This measure would prevent some instances of identity theft.  But, if the credit grantors just did their due deligence, it would be unnecessary.

The credit bureaus have too much info and control over our lives as it is.  I'm not in favor of our government giving them more control by registering my children with them at birth!

 

 

Make a Comment