Prohibition vs. Tax & Regulate – All Wrong Again
Brock LorberThe UNODC World Drug Report 2009, to be released today, acknowledges the traction gained by the tax & regulate crowd. As usual, the propaganda is stunning.
The UNODC World Drug Report 2009, to be released today, acknowledges the traction gained by the tax & regulate crowd. As usual, the propaganda is stunning.

Great article! Excellent analysis! The only issue on which I would have like to have seen more discussion is the financial benefits that some people derive from prohibition.
Clearly, besides the elevated profits derived by drug suppliers due to prohibition, there are legions of politicians, police officials, judges, lawyers, prison personnel, and police equipment manufacturers who also benefit from prohibition.
If I were a billionaire drug-lord, I would contribute heavily to the campaign funds of every federal politico who might be persuaded to keep up the war on drugs. To do so would certainly be "economic" from my point of view.
Do you have any doubt that such "legal bribery" is actually taking place?