News Link • Politics

Scotland: Winners and Losers

• Next News Newtwork

In case you haven't heard, there was a pretty big vote in Scotland Thursday. Nearly FOUR million people turned out to cast their ballot for a chance to end their 307-year marriage with Great Britain. The independence party put together a massive campaign, urging Scots to break away and form their own government. It was a valiant effort, one that likely would've made Mel Gibson proud, but it fell short. 55 percent of the people chose to continue their close ties with the United Kingdom. Now, with the other 45 percent of the people left to pick up the pieces of their dashed hopes and dreams, we're taking a look at some of the biggest winners and losers in the whole process. The most obvious winner is Prime Minister David Cameron. Had Scotland divorced the UK, his job would have probably been lost. The correlating loser: Alex Salmond, the leader of the independence movement. Salmond conceded defeat on Friday morning, before announcing his resignation later on. Another bi

Join us on our Social Networks:


Share this page with your friends on your favorite social network: